At a local green living expo over a year ago, I came across the Eco Touch, Waterless Car Wash booth (also called Eco Touch, Conscious Care Care). My curiosity got the best of me so I made my way over to see what they were offering.
You may or may not have seen this product at your local stores, but this is a 100% waterless car wash. I was curious as to how it works. On the bottle, it says:
* One step spray & wash cleaning
* No hose or bucket required
* Cleans up to six cars
Its also non-toxic and biodegradable.
Sounds good huh? I wanted to try it for myself. At the time we had two cars (just sold one of them!) and feel bad about using water to keep them clean, especially since California is in a drought. We try to be as efficient as we can, but we are still using water!
Because I didn’t “trust” this product straight away, I wanted to try it a small surface before using it on the entire car. According to the directions, you have to use this away from direct sunlight and with microfiber towels (which we have plenty of). You basically use it to clean one area at a time using one cloth to apply it and pick up grime and another to shine.
I must say the Eco Touch Waterless Car Wash did a great job! No streaks, scratching or a hazy finish. I also didn’t recall any scents or toxic smells. Though I don’t think I would use it on the entire car every single time it needs to be washed, it does have a place in our household.
This product is great if you:
* Don’t want to use water to wash your car, especially if you live in a region that’s has voluntary or required water rationing.
* Live in a building that doesn’t give you easy access to water.
* Would like to keep your car somewhat clean during road trips.
* Need to save money on your water bill.
* Feel the need to occasionally spot clean your car without the song and dance of doing a full wash.
This product is definably on our repurchase list when the time comes.